Sunday 1 August 2010

Rising From The Ashes - Day 5: 2010-07-30

The last couple of days have been really hectic, which I kind of expected with a return to work. My day usually starts at 6am then I travel to work which takes around an hour to 1 1/2, then a 10 hour day shift. The demands and inconsistency of the day as a fire fighter can make following a diet and training schedule can be arduous and difficult. I had planned a rest day on Thursday and my body was telling me to do so. I wasn't suffering as much as I thought I would be, but I still welcomed the rest day. Friday was arms day for me with triceps and biceps on the agenda.
Due to the length of my day and also how late it would be before I was home I chose to utilise the fitness facilities on station, which although not exactly extensive, are sufficient enough to do a decent arm workout.
I will attach my complete work outs for Friday and Saturday which was quad day for me.

Tomorrow I will be starting week 2 using the results from week 1 as the foundation for my progression.
I have used this week really as a benchmark for where I need to go. I now also have an idea what preparations I need to make for my long day shifts and my night shifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment